Mail Ordering Information and Order Form for 2014
- Print an Order Form
- Shipping Seasons & Delivery Method
- Plants to Canada, & CA, OR, WA and NM
- No Plant Shipment to AK, HI or Overseas
- VT Sales Tax
- Plant Size
- Custom Growing & Special Orders
- Guarantee & Substitution Policy
- Privacy & Security
Print an Order Form
- PREFER NOT TO ORDER ON-LINE?
How to Order the Old-fashioned Way
Print an Order Form: Click here to download an order form. After filling it out manually, you can either mail or fax it. If you correspond with us via email, please do not send any credit card information in an email. If you can’t print an order form, just write all the information on a piece of paper, and be sure to include your phone number. Mail or Fax your order to us (see Contact Us).
- Email: Never send us your Credit Card information via email, as it is not secure. You can send us an email with order details, and then fax or call with the credit card number. FAX is 802-472-3737.
- Phone if you must – We are not reliably by the phone to take orders, but feel free to try – we can always call you back the next day, just let us know when to call.
Shipping Seasons & Delivery
- Plant Shipping Seasons : Spring shipping runs from mid-April to early June. Summertime shipping is possible for special orders, or certain plants. Fall shipping runs from early September to late-October.
- Preferred Ship Date: Please specify if you have a preferred ship date. We will do our best to accommodate your preferences, although we are unable to make any promises about when your plants will ship, as we are often at the mercy of the weather. Please remember that spring arrives late in northern Vermont. We ship plants as early in the spring season as is safe.
- Shipping Delivery and Charges, and Other Details: Confirmation of your order will be sent. We will email you several days before we ship your plants, and if we do not hear otherwise, will proceed with that date. No order changes or cancellations within 10 days of ship date.
All orders are sent Priority Mail through the US Postal Service, so be sure to give us your post office address. Shipping charges are generated using a US Postal Service calculator at checkout time, and are determined by the weight of your order and the zip code destination. If you cannot receive parcels this way, please contact us directly and we’ll see what we can do.
- Cancellations: Will be accepted only if received within 10 days of confirmed shipment date.
- Delivery Address: Because we cannot guarantee delivery on an exact date you should give us an address where the box can be left even if no one is at home. Please be sure to give us your full street address, including Rd., Dr., Ave., Blvd., etc, because without this there may be a delay, or a delivery surcharge, which we would then have to charge you for. Delivery will be by the U. S. Postal Service. We are not responsible for deliveries delayed due to incorrect addresses.
- Going to be Away? Please let us know in a timely manner if there are dates when you will be away or unable to receive your plants – none of us want your plants to languish unattended on the stoop! We cannot be held liable if the plants then are not picked up in a timely fashion, or you went away for some reason, and didn’t let us know. Please ask a friend to pick up your parcel.
No Plants to CA, OR, WA & NM and Canada
- California, Oregon, Washington & New Mexico: Sorry, we are no longer able to ship plants to these states, due to the demands of agricultural requirements designed to prevent the introduction of Japanese Beetle to these states. We are not able to keep up with a second line of production of phlox that will better withstand the bare-rooting process, and so must regretfully bow out.
- Canada – Sorry, we have discontinued shipping plants to Canada.
No Plants to AK, HI or Overseas
- To Alaska, Hawaii, overseas: Sorry, we do not ship plants due to regulations and delivery costs.
Vermont Sales Tax
- Vermont Sales Tax: Add 6% to orders from Vermont, or those to be picked up at the nursery. Please add the tax to the plant total, before the shipping cost.
- Plants are all grown in 3” by 3” by 4.25” plastic pots. The volume is 13.3 fluid ounces. They are potted in summer and fall, and over wintered outside under winter protection blankets. Spring comes late to northern Vermont, and our spring-delivered plants will not show much top growth at first, so don’t be alarmed, but give them a chance to leaf out! Please view Shipping Details page for photo examples.
Custom Growing and Special Orders
- If you are keen to order plants which are not in our Shopping Cart pages, feel free to ask, as we may be able to send them. Please contact Rachel. We can also custom grow plants for large or small orders, and institutions, including plants which we do not normally carry.
Guarantee & Substitutions
- Our Guarantee: Our plants are guaranteed to be healthy, true to name, and to arrive in good condition. If proven to be otherwise, or if you are dissatisfied (barring improper care or natural disaster), we will replace them, offer credit or send a refund. (We cannot be responsible if you are simply dissatisfied with the flower color). We do make mistakes from time to time, and do not want any of our valued customers to suffer in silence, but would vastly prefer to have the opportunity to make amends if called for. We reserve, however, the right to decide which route to take on this (replacement, credit or refund). Any obvious problems should be reported to us within two weeks, and Rachel will contact you to discuss the situation.
- Substitutions and Crop Loss: In the event that we suffer crop loss after having confirmed your order, we will offer to substitute with a similar plant. It is most helpful if you let us know of your preferred substitutes. We will not effect any substitutions without contacting you beforehand. We reserve the right to substitute a bareroot plant for a potted plant of the same cultivar.
Privacy & Security
- Your information is safe: We will not share your personal information with anyone. All transactions are secured through high-level encryption using Authorize.net